Dune 1992 (Not Dune II)

Discuss game modding
HarryBo21
Less than a nibble

Dune 1992 (Not Dune II)

Post by HarryBo21 »

Hey does anyone have any tools, or know how to get the images and other files out of the games data?

Im currently working on a project to redesign this game and create a kind of SDK for it but I could really do with some of the images outta the game to get this moving.

Specifically is the globe map, beause the image is warped etc to allow for rotation and a spherical look Im not able to just rip the graphics and need the original image before it was maintained.

Any links or help extracting these would be great. Or links on how to do it?
MrFlibble
Forum Administrator

Re: Dune 1992 (Not Dune II)

Post by MrFlibble »

Hello, and welcome! Nice to meet another retro gaming modder here ^_^

However, I must say that I do not know of any tools to work with game files from Cryo's Dune, and I can't remember any projects to mod that game. You can take a look at the Dune Forum at FED2k, maybe there's some old thread about some project or other. On the other hand, I have some vague memory of someone discussing something that could have been related to Cryo's Dune. I'll try to remember more clearly, and maybe find some info on that.

Once again, welcome, and good luck with your project!

(Oh, and be sure to check the other retro gaming websites too! ;))
HarryBo21
Less than a nibble

Post by HarryBo21 »

well i found this

http://forum.dune2k.com/topic/17217-rew ... r__st__220

Ive managed to extract all the games images but it seems the maps are proceedurely generated so have not been able to get yet.
MrFlibble
Forum Administrator

Post by MrFlibble »

Right, that's exactly the project that I was thinking about :D Glad you found it on your own :)