BUG: Monuments of Mars

The place to ask for technical support and offer assistance
tbow2000
Less than a nibble

BUG: Monuments of Mars

Post by tbow2000 »

Hi!

Thank you so much RGB! This was the first game platform I ever played and it's bringing back LOADS of memories!

I would like to report a bug, the "fire laser" key is supposed to be the ALT key but it's being used as the LEFT key. I found a key reference online which may come in handy for other games. here's the link:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=15459&page=10

Just noticed the CRLT key was used for jump, but the space bar works fine :)

I noticed the letters and words were all weird too, I'm assuming it's like that on purpose since it doesn't affect the game.

Thank you so much for all you do!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all your help
leilei
File Contributor

Re: BUG: Monuments of Mars

Post by leilei »

Are you playing it through an emulator, or an actual DOS machine?
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Post by DOSGuy »

The text is messed up in the online version. I tried FIX8X14 but it's not an 8x14 font issue. JPC just doesn't like the FAST games for some reason.
Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article.
tbow2000
Less than a nibble

Post by tbow2000 »

I'm playing it on the online site:

https://www.classicdosgames.com/online/1mars.html

I'm not sure if it can be fixed...I was just letting you guys know about if you didn't. Plus, you'd definitely know more than I ever could about this system lol, I'm slower than most folk lol.

I was thinking of going through the key config but it's all mangled words, is there another way around?

PLUS I have downloaded it with DOSbox except like said before I'm half retarded so I have no idea how to run, I almost need someone to hold my hand lol.
tbow2000
Less than a nibble

Post by tbow2000 »

Back from the downloaded copy, finally got it to work :D

EXCEPT now the company is asking 2$ to get the full copy, know how to bypass that BS?
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Post by DOSGuy »

Apogee no longer has the source code for most of Scott Miller and George Broussard's old games, so they didn't remove the ordering info when they declared their old games freeware. The freeware version of Monuments of Mars is unchanged from the way it was 20 years ago.

As far as the mangled text in the online version, I know about it and there's nothing I can do about it. I didn't program JPC, so I can only hope that it's fixed in the next version.
Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article.