Hugo's House of Horrors won't work

The place to ask for technical support and offer assistance
KitKat270
Less than a nibble

Hugo's House of Horrors won't work

Post by KitKat270 »

When I click the link, it goes to what looks like a 'dos' page, and loads for a while, and then it has the title page of the game with the picture of the house of horrors, and then it goes back to the dos page again. Does anyone know why this is, or how to fix it? Thanks =)
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Re: Hugo's House of Horrors won't work

Post by DOSGuy »

You're talking about the link that lets you play Hugo's House of Horrors online. JPC is far from perfect, and the Hugo series doesn't work very well just yet. You'll have to download the game and play it on your own computer, probably using an emulator like DOSBox.
Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article.
KitKat270
Less than a nibble

Post by KitKat270 »

Good news and bad news. Good news: I got the game working from the dos menu. I just had to type 'exit' and then hit enter. Bad news: during the game, it kept having glitches. the words often didn't appear in the text box, and the times that they did, they wouldn't go away, and instead kept flashing on the screen lol. Any ideas if this will be fixed??
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Post by DOSGuy »

The authors of JPC (the emulator that allows DOS games to be played in a browser) have told me that they expect to make progress on compatibility, but I have no timeframe for when the next version might be released.
Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article.