Let's make our own game!

Discuss coding, porting and creating games
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Let's make our own game!

Post by DOSGuy »

Now that Apogee has released the source code to Word Whiz, I was thinking that we should make our own Classic DOS Games Trivia game. I've been able to compile the game using a free copy of Turbo Pascal 5.5, courtesy of Borland's Museum. I've been a Turbo Pascal programmer most of my life, so all we need is some questions. Something like:

There was never a Duke Nukem themed game by which publisher:

Apogee Software
id Software
3D Realms
Pinball Wizards

The name of the game that inspired John Romero to lead a group of Softdisk employees to form their own company called id Software was:

Super Mario for DOS
Super Dangerous Dave Bros.
Super DOSio Bros.
Dangerous Dave in Copyright Infringement

Please post your questions and answers here for the community to comment on and verify.

I'm attaching a copy of what I've compiled so far. Ignore all the references to Word Whiz, this is a proof of concept build. There are currently only 14 original questions in the game. I'm not including the source code just yet because it wouldn't be useful to anyone in its current state.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article.
ThreeHeadedMonkey
7-bit super nerd

Re: Let's make our own game!

Post by ThreeHeadedMonkey »

It's a nice idea, but I don't know a lot of DOS game trivia. Perhaps Mobygames could be of help here?
Chinese checkers. Mashed potatoes! And a tyrannosaurus rex!
leilei
File Contributor

Post by leilei »

in comments (as in code comments) we should also have a 'reference' cited from, like Wikipedia so we don't get bogus and false trivia like Duke Nukem's real name being Frederick D. Vehicle, Doom guy also hosting Hollywood Squares and Cosmo jumping high from having chicken pox.
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Post by DOSGuy »

I figured we would keep the trivia verifiable enough that we could be certain of anything we put in the game. As for derivative works, if someone else wants to put fake trivia in my source code, that's their choice.
Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article.
ThreeHeadedMonkey
7-bit super nerd

Post by ThreeHeadedMonkey »

So... Is this dead?

Come on folks, there have to be at least a few people here who know a lot of DOS game trivia.
Chinese checkers. Mashed potatoes! And a tyrannosaurus rex!
dada78641
Less than a nibble

Post by dada78641 »

Guess I'll revive this ancient topic.

Which of these following games does NOT have a level editor?

Popcorn
Sokoban
Jetpack
Rockford