Another NEW Video Review of Xargon

Discuss classic PC games
kilodude
Classic Game Author

Another NEW Video Review of Xargon

Post by kilodude »

There seems to be a renewed interest in my game and for that I am grateful. This guy is playing it for the first time. He made this video on March 26, 2015. Hear his comments and try not to get frustrated when you know what he should do next and want to scream, "No! Go THAT way!" Enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ81xrGuiyc
-Allen, Game Designer/Programmer of "Kiloblaster" and "Xargon." Game Design for "Super ZZTs: Monster Zoo" and bonus levels of "Snarf."
developertn
9-bit ubernerd

God, Jesus Christ, is number one!hehe

Post by developertn »

Jesus Christ!hehe

Thank you for the periodic review. I love to see a game that is professional. The Malvineous person walks pass the background without messing it up. The scrolling is smooth too. Being an aspiring professional developer I am grateful for the example and game giveaway.
kilodude
Classic Game Author

Re: God, Jesus Christ, is number one!hehe

Post by kilodude »

developertn wrote:Jesus Christ!hehe

Thank you for the periodic review. I love to see a game that is professional. The Malvineous person walks pass the background without messing it up. The scrolling is smooth too. Being an aspiring professional developer I am grateful for the example and game giveaway.
Thanks. Tim Sweeney, founder of Epic MegaGames (now just Epic), helped me with some of the early programming challenges. Kiloblaster was the first game I wrote but Xargon was much more complex so it presented some challenges.
-Allen, Game Designer/Programmer of "Kiloblaster" and "Xargon." Game Design for "Super ZZTs: Monster Zoo" and bonus levels of "Snarf."
developertn
9-bit ubernerd

Post by developertn »

kilodude
Classic Game Author

Re: God, Jesus Christ, is number one!hehe

Post by kilodude »

developertn wrote:Jesus Christ!hehe
https://youtu.be/6KgUXE4020o
Thanks for the kind words.
developertn
9-bit ubernerd

Post by developertn »

Jesus Christ!hehe

hehe - you are so silly dude. I felt guilty for not treating my uncle 110% perfect so I took that video right away after I cleaned his ice compartment holder. I left a little natural organic soap residue so you should be able to eat or drink out of the ice holder haha. I was sweating really hard because it was hard manual labour. Normally I would program and it would be easy for me. However I wanted to treat my uncle to something special since he went out of his way to buy me a brand spanking new mini-refrigerator at a bargain deal. I felt proud of myself afterwards since I returned the favor.

Then after watching your review all the way I decided to make my own "unbiased" review. I didn't want to lie to anyone so I didn't even shower after that hard work. I am being the complete real me that is why you didn't see me joke if at all.

My review of your game is what I truly think so I am being honest. Thank you to you too for the game. I am sure my planned kids will enjoy the game for many years to come. Well that is when God blesses me with kids of my own many years possibly down the line.
MrFlibble
Forum Administrator

Re: Another NEW Video Review of Xargon

Post by MrFlibble »

kilodude wrote:There seems to be a renewed interest in my game and for that I am grateful. This guy is playing it for the first time. He made this video on March 26, 2015. Hear his comments and try not to get frustrated when you know what he should do next and want to scream, "No! Go THAT way!" Enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ81xrGuiyc
Thanks for sharing this video! I love it how there are some many reviews of old games and people willing to play them, and introduce new players as well. The number of retro reviews appears to be increasing, and I think it's a nice thing.

I'm trying to catalogue YouTube channels with retro reviews and playthroughs in the classic & retro gaming websites thread. The links are scattered throughout the posts though (the list in the first post is quite big already!). So maybe you'll find something else interesting there.