Xargon Play-Through by Grimsikk

Discuss classic PC games
kilodude
Classic Game Author

Xargon Play-Through by Grimsikk

Post by kilodude »

Check out this play-through of Xargon by YouTuber Grimsikk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOuidtYWsnU. It just so happens that he is my son and when I suggested he add a Retro play list for his channel he chose to start with Xargon. How cool is that?

Xargon is a game I created while working for Epic MegaGames (now just Epic, creators of Unreal). Joe Hitchens was my main artist and Dan Froelich was the guy who did all that amazing music and most of the sound effects. I was the Programmer and Game Designer.

Play Xargon online or Download the entire Trilogy: https://www.classicdosgames.com/game/Xargon.html. The entire Trilogy is FREE. If you have a modern version of Windows such as 7, 8, or 10 you will want to use D-Fend Reloaded which uses DOSBox but makes configuration virtually automatic. That way all of the music and sound effects will work properly and you can play full screen. Enjoy.
-Allen, Game Designer/Programmer of "Kiloblaster" and "Xargon." Game Design for "Super ZZTs: Monster Zoo" and bonus levels of "Snarf."
MrFlibble
Forum Administrator

Re: Xargon Play-Through by Grimsikk

Post by MrFlibble »

Definitely very nice!

I wonder though if it is possible to capture DOS games footage with the aspect ratio corrected to 4:3? DOSBox does that pretty neatly, and while this might not be a big deal, the corrected image is certainly how the game was intended to be played.

(Curiously, we have discussed aspect correction recently, and in relation to the port of Xargon ^_^)
developertn
9-bit ubernerd

Post by developertn »

As a joke, I am NOT going through all 15 minutes of play again. It was torture on me to see all the hillarious comments. hehe However, it is nice. I really hate to admit it. However you really impressed me and that is really hard to do. Most of the time I go grumbling like stooges hehe However for the most part the first review really impresses me. I did not get to check out this one so don't hold your breathe. Give me time to recoup from the first review. hehe
kilodude
Classic Game Author

Post by kilodude »

MrFlibble wrote:Definitely very nice!
Thank you.
-Allen, Game Designer/Programmer of "Kiloblaster" and "Xargon." Game Design for "Super ZZTs: Monster Zoo" and bonus levels of "Snarf."
developertn
9-bit ubernerd

God, Jesus Christ, is number one!hehe

Post by developertn »

Jesus Christ!hehe

I am straight however I would like to compliment you and your son for looking so handsome.

If I do not come back from my incarceration interview, I hope you have a happy life!

Even if I come back you are blessed because I gave you my all.

I gave you and honest review.

If I were not on welfare and poor, I would say your game is worth $35 with box and all.

But it has to be sealed and factory wrapped!!!!!!!!!!!!
developertn
9-bit ubernerd

Post by developertn »

If there was a way I could just drop $35 without having your address exposed I would do it. I respect you enough. It is up to you however you can give me a PM I will give instruction to my mom to save up enough to give you the money for the game and mail it in to you.
kilodude
Classic Game Author

Post by kilodude »

developertn wrote:If there was a way I could just drop $35 without having your address exposed I would do it. I respect you enough. It is up to you however you can give me a PM I will give instruction to my mom to save up enough to give you the money for the game and mail it in to you.
That is kind of you but not necessary. Just enjoy the game and may you experience many blessings.
developertn
9-bit ubernerd

Post by developertn »

Thank you!
developertn
9-bit ubernerd

Post by developertn »

That would be funny to see your son become a computer programmer?