Thousands of shareware floppies

Discuss classic PC games
FelixTheKid
Less than a nibble

Re: Thousands of shareware floppies

Post by FelixTheKid »

DOSGuy wrote:Good news indeed! Did you just copy the files from the floppies, or did you make disk images?
I just copied files...keep in mind these were just disks filled with BBS file downloads, not whole disk releases of games...older stuff from late 80s and very early 90s.
FelixTheKid
Less than a nibble

Post by FelixTheKid »

Here is the archive consisting of files downloaded from shareware Bulletin Board Systems in Los Angeles, CA, during the late 1980s until about 1994. I'm sure many of these files can be found in other collections, but there is historical stuff in here like download logs, BBS file listings, etc, that current and future generations will find interesting.

DropBox link disabled, so here is the updated link: https://archive.org/details/frostbyte_1 ... collection
Last edited by FelixTheKid on April 28th, 2015, 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
developertn
9-bit ubernerd

Post by developertn »

Wow! I was not able to check out the listings at this time. However just the mention of BBS (Bulletin Board System) brings back memories. I was just a kid at like 9 years old back then. I use to play around with RS232 modem. Remember those high pitch modem connecting to each other hehe I remember the Hayes command vaguely! Those were the days. 1982 - wow. Thank you Jesus Christ for good memories!!!!!!!!!!!!
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Post by DOSGuy »

Error (429)
This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!
Argh!
Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article.