No votes
1 (lowest)
No votes

Total votes: 0

AutoAdmin
Forum Administrator

Highway Hunter

Post by AutoAdmin »

Feel free to rate and discuss this game.
MrFlibble
Forum Administrator

Re: Highway Hunter

Post by MrFlibble »

I've just found a Russian demo/shareware version of the game. As you probably know, Omega Integral Systems was a Russian team based in Voronezh. The game was published by Nikita in Russia.

The demo can be downloaded here. The distribution is not original (I had to clean up some external files). The READ.ME file contains some general information about Nikita. Perhaps there was a readme file with playing instructions. The original archive might have been called OKNADOR1.ZIP.

This is certainly a demo version though because the main menu screen says so. As far as I can tell, this is generally the same as the English shareware episode. Actually I've just realized that this version has completely different levels (or at least, a completely different first level). I do however remember vaguely that I have played a version of the game (in English) that might have had the same levels as the Russian version... Not sure though. [Edit] I've watched this video, and apparently the demo starts with what became level 2 of the shareware version.

No idea how many levels there are exactly in the demo. The game is pretty much Nintendo Hard, I've barely managed to beat level one and get a bit into level two on easy difficulty. There is no animated intro and episode selection.

Here are some screenshots from this version:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
The splash screen upon exit (pictured above) says the following:
The war on the road has only begun!
Fifteen new battles with the intruders await you.
Hard to believe? Call <phone numbers> NIKITA Ltd.