The games that my friends and I spent our childhood playing are now at risk of being lost forever because modern operating systems no longer natively support them. RGB Classic Games is devoted to preserving classic games for defunct PC operating systems (DOS, CP/M-86, OS/2, Win16, Win9x) and making it easy to play them on modern computers.
This particular classic games site is a little more focused than most. Companies and individuals produced thousands of shareware games for the PC and, like movies and books and anything else, a lot of them weren't very good. Most sites aim for quantity. This site is almost exclusively dedicated to games that were distributed commercially, except for a select few games that were extremely good and achieved the same level of quality. Only the best games make it to this site.
This website is unique. I am attempting to include every version of each listed game. A lot of research has gone into making sure that all of the information on this site is correct. You'll quickly notice that there is no other web site that has all of these files in one place. RGB Classic Games is quite possibly the most complete, and most accurate classic DOS games resource in the world.
The highest ideals of this site are to support the authors by providing links to their web sites and ordering information for the full versions of games that are still sold, and to encourage the authors of classic games to preserve their games for future generations by making them available for sale or as freeware. If you enjoy a shareware game, please consider buying it from the author.
All of the games on this site are freely distributable because they are shareware, freeware, or because the copyright holder has officially and legally released all rights to the public domain (abandonware).
7 March 2014
- RGB Classic Games has its 9th anniversary.
23 February 2014
- Major Update VII
- It's been about a year since the last Major Update began, so it's time for another massive overhaul of the site.
- Converted the site to HTML 5.
- Title search will now return results for any title that a game is known by (i.e. "Out of This World" (North American name) will return in a search for "Another World" (European name) and "Outer World" (Japanese name))
- Purchased a Java code signing certificate for the online games now that self-signed applets are blocked by default as of Java 7u51.
- Made massive code changes to speed up page loading.
- Tons of bug fixes.
- Added Russian translation.
17 November 2013
- Added 2 games: Lode Runner: The Legend Returns (Win16) and Lode Runner Online: The Mad Monks' Revenge (Win9x).
31 October 2013
- Added Grand Theft Auto (DOS).